You are here:
Support our goals
The Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians is Canada's premier consumer group, representing and changing the lives of blind, deaf-blind and partially sighted Canadians on a daily basis. When you donate to the AEBC, you're helping to level the playing field and ensure that we continue to speak up and ensure that blind men, women and children in Canada have equal access to the benefits of society. The programs and services we offer are free of charge, thanks to our supporters!
The AEBC is a registered, non-profit charitable organization pursuant to the Canadian Income Tax Act (#895648335RR0001). As such, when you make a donation to the AEBC, you have the option of receiving an official donation tax receipt which you can use to deduct that donation from your income tax. For more information on charities, giving, and income tax, please refer to CRA's "Information For Donors".
Ways to Donate
We offer a number of donation options, so that you may use the one that you are most comfortable with. These include:
- Donating online (with your credit card) through CanadaHelps, which provides safe and secure online donation processing for charities across Canada. When you donate through CanadaHelps, they will automatically issue you an electronic (e-mail) tax receipt which you can print, keep with your records, and use for income tax purposes at the end of the year. CanadaHelps can process single, one-time donations as well as monthly, recurring contributions. Donate now through CanadaHelps!
- Donating online from your bank, by sending an Interac E-mail Money Transfer (contact us for details).
- Donating offline (with your VISA or MasterCard credit card) by calling us at 1-800-561-4774. You will receive a tax receipt in the mail.
- Sending a cheque or money order to us the old fashioned way, mailed to:
PO Box 20262
RPO Town Centre
Kelowna, BC V1Y 9H2
We do not rent, sell, or otherwise share our donor lists with anyone. Your privacy is assured.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the AEBC raise funds? We raise funds through a wide variety of channels. Please refer to our list of fundraising initiatives for a complete list.
- Someone came to my door collecting donations. Are they legit? The AEBC does undertake some door-to-door fundraising in particular areas. Check our door-to-door fundraising initiatives to learn mroe about our activities, and how you can protect yourself from fraud.
- I have a donation receipt, but it says it isn't an official one. How do I get an official receipt? Learn about our temporary receipting procedure, and what you need to do to get an official receipt for income tax purposes.
- Can I donate money to a particular chapter? Yes. Just let us know, when you donate, that your donation is intended for a particular local chapter, and we will forward it along.
- I run a business and would like to support the AEBC. What can I do? Tax receipting for business donations is more complex than for donations from individuals. We suggest you speak with your accountant to determine the best course of action. We have prepared some general information about business donations to get you started.
- How much of my donation actually goes to helping people? Please see our financial summary for more information on our operations.